The Futureworld Eco-Technology Centre has developed a flexible range of innovative educational displays and hands-on activities for primary school students. Our unique interactive learning programs link directly to the NSW K- Year 6 syllabus.
Excursion Support Documents
Science and Technology
Stages 2 and 3 - Physical Phenomena and Built Environments
- explore the impact of energy use in our daily lives
- understand what energy is and where it comes from
- examine our built environments and how environmentally sound materials
and building technologies are used
- investigate clean energy sources such as solar and wind power
- explore innovative solutions to waste, energy and water usage.
Human Society and its Environment
Stages 2 and 3 - Environments, Social Systems and Structures
- explore our impact on water systems
- learn about cost-efficient technologies and actions to help the environment
- understand how our lifestyles affect the environment
- compare costs and benefits of different technologies.
The Futureworld Eco-Technology Centre offers school groups:
- full scale innovative technologies - wind turbine, solar car & boat, microhydro
- interactive models and displays
- videos and DVDs
- interactive CDs
- design and make workstations
- trained guides to assist with interpretation and explanation of displays
- information packages with pre-visit activities, worksheets and syllabus links
- visits ranging from one to two-and-a-half hours
- free entry for teachers and helpers.